Web Conferencing (WebEx)
WebEx is an online conferencing tool that enables faculty and staff to meet with students or colleagues from anywhere Internet access is available. It allows users to collaborate with others online, attend or host meetings, and share data, presentations, online demonstrations, etc. Faculty can use WebEx to bring guest speakers into their classrooms, hold virtual office hours, provide one-on-one or group tutorials, participate in committee work and much more. WebEx lectures or meetings can easily be recorded, and the video files can then be uploaded into Blackboard courses.
How to Access:
To initiate or join a meeting, navigate to the CCSU WebEx web site at https://ccsu.webex.com/ and log in with your CCSU WebEx account (see below if you do not have an account).
Windows: Follow these instructions to install the WebEx Meeting Center on a CCSU-owned computer:
- Click on the Windows Start button in the bottom left of the screen.
- On the line that appears, Search Programs and files, type the word Software.
- At the top of the list, you will see the words Software Center, click on that to launch the Software Center.
- Check the box to the left of "Cisco WebEx Meeting Center".
- Click the [INSTALL] button in the bottom right corner of the Software Center screen to start the install.
Mac: You will be prompted to install the necessary software when you initiate or join a meeting.
How to Request:
Request a new account via the CCSU WebEx site:
- Navigate to the CCSU WebEx web site.
- Click on the My WebEx button.
- Under "I do not have an account:" click on the Sign Up button.
- Complete the online request form with your first and last name, CCSU email address, and the access you are requesting (Meeting Center and/or Training Center).
- Type the verification code, then click on the Sign Up Now button.
- Within a few minutes, you will receive a series of emails to confirm your account and set a password.
- Your CCSU WebEx account is separate from your BlueNet account. Your username is typically the first part of your CCSU email address without the @ccsu.edu. If you forget your username, go the CCSU WebEx web site and click on the "forgot your username" link. You will receive an email with your username.
- To reset your password, visit CCSU WebEx web site and click on the "forgot your password" link. You will receive an email with a link to reset the password.
- If you lock your account due to invalid password attempts, it will automatically unlock after 10 minutes.
- Instructions for Scheduling a Meeting: https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-4321.
- Instructions for Joining a Meeting: https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-4150.
- Visit https://help.webex.com/welcome for a complete library of instructions and training materials.
- The Instructional Design and Technology Resource Center (IDTRC) can provide training and assistance. For further information call IDTRC at 860-832-2081 or email IDTRC@ccsu.edu or visit us on the 3rd floor of Elihu Burritt Library, Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.