First-Year Students

Undergraduate Open House: Sunday, October 31 & Saturday, November 6 • Register Now

Welcome to Central Connecticut State University!

We are delighted that you want to join the Central community. Here at Central, we understand the transition to college can be overwhelming, and we want you to know our administrators, faculty, staff, and students are ready to help you become a vital member of our community. We are confident you will find our campus to be an inspirational, safe, and academically stimulating place. We can't wait to see you on campus soon!

So What's Next?

Activate Bluenet Account

Your BlueNet Account gives you access to essential technology resources and allows you to pay bills, receive important notices, and more. Go to Accounts Management and select "Activate Your Account or Retrieve Your BlueNet Account Username." Complete the form and click "Activate Account."

Pay Admissions Deposit Full Time Students Only

The payment of your Admissions Confirmation Deposit ($200) confirms your intention to attend Central. Soon after payment, you will receive registration information. For more information and to pay your deposit, visit the Bursar's website or call or 860.832.2010.

Apply For Financial Aid

The first step in applying for financial is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can find the application at For more information, visit the Financial Aid Department or call 860.832.2200.

Apply For On-Campus Residence & Dining Services

After the Admissions Confirmation Deposit has been paid, you may apply for on-campus housing. To apply, visit Residence Life or call 860.832.1660.

Complete Health Forms

All matriculated students are required to submit a medical form to Student Wellness Services. The form should be returned no later than July 15 for the Fall semester and December 15 for Spring semester. The form is included here or may be found at Student Wellness Services.

  • Vaccination: The State of Connecticut mandates that all students living on campus receive the Meningococcal vaccination within five years of the date of moving onto campus (also known as the “Meningitis/Menactra vaccine”).

Send in Final High School Transcript

If you are currently enrolled in high school or another institution, you must have your school or institution forward a final official transcript indicating your date of graduation to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Failure to have final transcripts sent may affect your registration and enrollment.

Pay Tuition & Fees

Your tuition bill is accessible through WebCentral-Banner Web that you can access with your CCSU Email & Password. Once logged in, you can view your tuition bill, make credit card or e-check payments, and set up third-party payers who can make payments on your behalf. The bill must be paid by the date posted on your e-Bill statement. Approved Financial Aid awards, scholarships, and sponsorships will be noted on the account. Payments are due July 15 for the Fall semester and December 15 for Spring semester.

Obtain Blue Chip Student ID

You will obtain your Blue Chip Student ID Card when you visit campus to meet with your academic advisor or during orientation. Your ID card will give you access to multiple services.

Obtain Parking Permit

A parking permit is required to park on campus. All students are eligible to apply for a permit after registering for classes. Email for questions about parking permits.