- Understanding and Teaching the Vietnam War, ed. John Day Tully, Brad Austin, and Matthew Masur (Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 2013).
- “Key Questions and Enduring Debates,” (with Brad Austin and Matthew Masur) in Understanding and Teaching the Vietnam War, ed. John Day Tully, Brad Austin, and Matthew Masur (Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 2013).
- Ireland and Irish Americans, 1932-1945: The Search for Identity(Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 2010).
- "Ethnicity, Security, and Public Diplomacy: Irish Americans and Irish Neutrality in World War II," in The United States and Public Diplomacy: New Directions in Cultural and International History, eds. Brian Etheridge and Kenneth Osgood. (Boston: Brill Publishing, 2010).
- "Memory and the Vietnam War," in Culture Wars: An Encyclopedia of Issues, Voices, and Viewpoints, ed. Roger Chapman (Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe, 2009).
- "The Foreign Policy of Ronald Reagan," in Retrieving the American Past: A U.S. History Reader (Boston: Pearson Custom Publishing, 2008).
- "Globalization and a Wal-Mart World: The Documents,"Connecticut History 45 (Fall 2006): 278-85.
- "Against the Tide: The Unfortunate Life of Steamboat Inventor John Fitch in the Social Studies/History Classroom,"Connecticut History 44 (Spring 2005): 122-25.