Ph.D. Graduate Center of City University of New York, 2001.
- Slumming in New York
- Critical Companion to Eugene O'Neill
- Eugene O'Neill and His Early Contemporaries
- Eugene O'Neill: The Contemporary Reviews
- Eugene O'Neill: A Life in Four Acts
- Sam Shepard and His World
The American Family Drama
- American Realism and Naturalism
- American Drama
- Eugene O’Neill
- American Drama Between the Wars
- Mark Twain
- The New York Novel, 1790-1930
- Bohemianism in American Literature
- Irish-American Literature
- Modern Irish Literature
- Summer Program in Sligo, Ireland, Modern Irish Literature
- American Literature, 1865-Present
- Introduction to College Writing
- Modern American Literature
“Eugene O’Neill Deserves a Closer Look.” The Colin McEnroe Show. NPR. 6 November 2019.
- “‘The Fact that I’m Irish’: Eugene O’Neill, U.S. Playwright and Irish Revolutionary.” The Irish Times, April 27, 2016.
- New York Writers Institute reading, March 10, 2016.
- “100 Years after the Discovery of Eugene O’Neill, Hughie and Long Day’s Journey Into Night Open on Broadway.” Yale Books Unbound. February 3, 2016. http://blog.yupnet.org/2016/02/03/100-years-after-the-discovery-of-eugene-oneill-long-days-journey-into-night-and-hughie-open-on-broadway/
- "Eugene O'Neill's The Hairy Ape in Context," Program Note, The Old Vic Theatre, London UK, October 17-November 21, 2015.
- Celtic Twilight: 21st Century Irish Americans on Eugene O’Neill (Drunken Boat #12 http://www.drunkenboat.com/db12/04one/intro.php
- "Was the Unabomber a Fan of Eugene O'Neill?" The Daily Beast, November 6, 2014.
- "Eugene O'Neill at the Ballot Box" The Huffington Post, November 4, 2014 (Election Day).
- “A Conversation with Robert M. Dowling on Eugene O’Neill and the Arc” (Mason’s Road), September 2010.