Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA or Two Factor/2-Step Authentication)
Multi-Factor Authenication (MFA), also known as 2-Step or Two Factor Authenication, is a Microsoft feature which allows you to better protect your account by requiring an additional step (after your password) when signing into your CCSU Office 356 Email account and WebCentral-Banner Web. MFA requires something you know (your password) and something you have (a phone or other mobile device) to sign into your account. The first step is to sign into your Office365/email with your account password. You will then be prompted with a call, code, or prompt on your phone or mobile device.
How to Access and Request
To enroll your account into MFA, go to www.ccsu.edu/2step log in with your Office 365 email account and follow the on-screen instructions. It is strongly recommended that you set up more than one 2nd verification method - just in case you do not have access to your phone or mobile device. We also recommend that you set up the Microsoft Authenticator app as one of your verification methods. It is an easy to use method that does not result in any text or call related charges - you just need to click Approve or Deny on the device - no code needed.
- Resetting MFA - If you forgot, lost, or changed your mobile device, you may reset your MFA using Accounts Management (https://accounts.ccsu.edu). Choose "Manage your account" and log in with bluenet username and password. Choose "Reset O365 MFA" from the left menu.
- When connected to the CCSU Wired Network on campus, you will not be prompted to use MFA with your Office 365 email. However, you will be prompted to use MFA on the wired network to access WebCentral-Banner Web.
- When connected to ANY Wireless Network (on campus), you WILL be prompted to use MFA for both email and WebCentral-Banner Web.
- On mobile devices that you use regularly, you will be prompted to MFA once every 7 days.
- Visit www.ccsu.edu/it/office365/mfa.html for more information.
- Having problems with MFA? Call the CCSU IT Help Desk at 860-832-1720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.