Residence Hall Network (ResNet)
Every room in the residence halls is equipped with a high-speed network port for wired Internet access. Wireless internet is also available in all residence halls.
How to Access:
- Plug one end of your network cable into the network card on your computer and the other end into the data jack on the wall.
- The XpressConnect by Cloudpath Networks wizard will open automatically. If it does not, open your web browser and navigate to http://connecthere.ccsu.edu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the security certificate and connect to the wired network.
- Once you have completed the XpressConnect wizard, you will receive a "Succesfully Connected" notification and your computer will automatically connect to the wired network. Anytime you plug into the wired network, your computer will automatically connect.
Wireless Network: visit the Wireless Internet Information page.
How to Request:
- Sunday 12am to 12pm, System maintenance, may impact the availability of this service.
Gaming and Streaming devices:
Students living in the residence halls may register up to 12 gaming and streaming devices for use on the ccsu-gaming wireless network. To register devices:
- Log in to https://mydevices.ccsu.edu with your BlueNet username and password. Click on Continue.
- Click on the Add button and complete the device information, then click on Submit. Repeat this for each device you wish to register.
Please note: in some cases a device status may display as "Pending" however the device is actually connected. Please test the device on ccsu-gaming despite the "Pending" status. If it does not work, then contact the IT Help Desk.
Review the Gaming and Streaming Device Registration instructions for detailed instructions.