Exam Creation/Management Software (Respondus)
Respondus is a time-saving tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard and other eLearning systems. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment or moved from one eLearning system to another. Respondus has many features allowing instructors to:
- develop several question types including calculated and algorithmic formats
- create random sets of questions
- import questions from MS Word (including embedded images), rich-text, QTI and tab/comma delimited formats
- add tables, bulleted lists, font changes, and enhanced formatting (e.g. bold, italics) just like in a word processor
- insert mathematical and scientific symbols
- add images, audio and video to assessments; even resize or convert images automatically
- create links to content on other servers (e.g. YouTube, Picasa)
- spell check an entire exam file (includes dictionaries for American English, Canadian English, British English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Finnish, and a comprehensive medical dictionary)
- create assessments quickly
How to Request:
Contact the IT Help Desk at (860)832-1720. A member of the Help Desk Staff will need to remotely connect to your computer to download and install Respondus.
How to Access:
Once Respondus is installed on your computer, you will be able to access it locally.
Instructions for using Respondus can be found on the IT Downloads page: click here, scroll down to Respondus and click on "BB Learn Doc".
- Email IDTRC@ccsu.edu.
- Blackboard Learn instructions for set-up and publishing can be found on the downloads page. Click here to access this page.
- Respondus can be downloaded and installed to your personal/home computer from the IT Downloads page.
Respondus Lockdown Browser is available for students to install. The link for students to download and install is: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=332512220.
- Student Instructions for Lockdown Browser: https://webcapp.ccsu.edu/appFiles/serviceCatalog/227/Student%20Lockdown%20Browser.pdf
- For more information about Lockdown Browser, also see: https://webcapp.ccsu.edu/appFiles/serviceCatalog/222/Respondus%20Lockdown%20Browser%20Resources.pdf