Web Conferencing (WebEx)
WebEx is an online conferencing tool that enables faculty and staff to meet with students or colleagues from anywhere Internet access is available. It allows users to collaborate with others online, attend or host meetings, and share data, presentations, online demonstrations, etc. Faculty can use WebEx to bring guest speakers into their classrooms, hold virtual office hours, provide one-on-one or group tutorials, participate in committee work and much more. WebEx lectures or meetings can easily be recorded, and the video files can then be uploaded into Blackboard courses.
How to Access:
To initiate a WebEx meeting, navigate to the CCSU WebEx web site at https://ccsu.webex.com/ and log in with your CCSU WebEx account (see below if you do not have an account).
To join a meeting, use the Join Meeting button in the email (or calendar invite) you received.
WebEx can run completely via a web browser (Chrome is the preferred browser for all computers). On CCSU-owned computers, the latest version of the WebEx Meetings Desktop app may be installed via Software Center (Windows) or Jamf Self-Service (Mac).
How to Request:
Faculty and Staff need a WebEx account to host meeting. Students do not need a WebEx account to join a meeting.
Faculty/Staff instructions to request a new account:
- Navigate to the CCSU WebEx web site.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Under "I do not have an account:" click on the Sign Up button.
- Complete the online request form with your first and last name, CCSU email address, and the access you are requesting (Meeting Center and/or Training Center).
- Type the verification code, then click on the Sign Up Now button.
- You will receive a series of emails to confirm your account and set a password.
- Your CCSU WebEx account is separate from your BlueNet account. Your username is typically the first part of your CCSU email address without the @ccsu.edu. If you forget your username, go the CCSU WebEx web site and click on the "forgot your username" link. You will receive an email with your username.
- To reset your password, visit CCSU WebEx web site and click on the "forgot your password" link. You will receive an email with a link to reset the password.
- If you lock your account due to invalid password attempts, it will automatically unlock after 10 minutes.
- If your account is disabled, email the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to have re-enabled.
- The Instructional Design and Technology Resource Center (IDTRC) can provide training and assistance. For further information call IDTRC at 860-832-2081 or email IDTRC@ccsu.edu or visit us on the 3rd floor of Elihu Burritt Library, Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
- In the fall of 2020, WebEx Meeting Center was updated to include new features such as Breakout Rooms and a co-host role. Click here for further information about WebEx Meeting Center enhancements.
- In the summer of 2020, WebEx Training Center was added to all CCSU WebEx accounts. Click here for further information on how to use WebEx Training Center.
- *NEW* Videos created By Students, For Students
- Useful WebEx links:
- Full WebEx Help Library
- Click here for quick video training on WebEx, Blackboard, and Kaltura
- Minimum System Requirements for Video Conferencing
- Bandwidth/Connection Information
- Test Meeting - use to test a meeting and ensure audio/video working properly
- Network Test - use to test your network connection to WebEx servers
- Tips for low-bandwidth/connection errors during meetings
- Audio Troubleshooting
- Video Troubleshooting
- Streaming a Video during a WebEx meeting
- General Troubleshooting