P Drive and T Drive Netshares for Files Containing PII
The P drive netshare is used to store files containing PII and is only accessible in the Secure Enclave (Secure Apps, https://secureapps.ccsu.edu).
How to Access:
The P drive is only accessible in Secure Apps (https://secureapps.ccsu.edu), it can be located in File Explorer (the yellow folder icon). In conjunction with the P drive, you also have a T drive (transfer drive) on your CCSU-issued computer to use to transfer files from your email or local computer to the P drive. The T drive is automatically created for anyone with access to Secure Apps.
On Windows computers, the T drive is mapped automatically.
On Macs, you will need to connect to the T drive:
- Click Go/Connect to Server
- Type: smb://fs3.facstaff.ccsu.edu/transfer/bluenetusername (replace bluenetusername with your actual BlueNet username)
- Click Connect
To move files from the T drive on your computer to the P drive in Secure Apps:
- First save the file(s) from your email or computer to the T drive netshare (transfer drive).
- From within Secure Apps, open both the "T drive" and the "P drive" from File Explorer (the yellow folder icon).
- Click and drag (or cut and paste) the file(s) from the T drive folder to the P drive folder.
Please note, files must be moved out of the T drive within 24 hours otherwise they are deleted.
How to Request:
P drives are set up by department. If your department does not have one, the department head needs to fill out the request form following the steps below:
- Go to www.ccsu.edu/it and click on Service and Equipment Requests.
- Login with email address and password.
- Search for "P Drive".
- Complete the form; click Review & Submit; confirm the information and click Submit.
- Sunday 12am to 12pm, System maintenance, may impact the availability of this service.
- Go to Records Retention.