International Student Orientation
New International Student Orientation
We are very excited that you have decided to join the CCSU campus community and hope you will find the information provided here useful to you as a new student. Be sure to check your emails- links to sign up for New Student Orientation have been sent to you.
All International and Exchange Students must ALSO attend the mandatory orientation provided by the International Student and Scholar Services. You will receive updates regarding U.S. immigration rules and regulations, and strategies for cultural adjustment. .
International First-Year Students
International First-Year Students are invited to attend a University-wide Orientation program and an International Student Orientation.
- First-Year Student Orientation on January 11, 2023: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Alumni Hall
- International Student Orientation on Thursday, January 12, 2023 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Center for International Education Henry Barnard Room 406
- Friday, January 13, 2023: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
International Transfer Students
International Transfer Students are invited to attend a University-wide Orientation and an International Student Orientation.
- Transfer Student Orientation on Wednesday, January 11, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Alumni Hall
- International Student Orientation on Thursday, January 12, 2023 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Center for International Education Henry Barnard Room 406.
- Friday, January 13, 2023 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Alumni Hall Once you register for the First-Year or Transfer Orientation, you will receive a confirmation email with detailed information.
What to expect at First-Year and Transfer Orientation:
- The program begins with a Campus Services Resource Fair and our University Welcome.
- Upon check in, you will receive your materials. Ms. Ayeni will be in attendance to answer any questions as this may be your first time on campus
- New First-Year Students: You will have a schedule ready for you when you attend, and you will have the opportunity to meet with academic advisors and make minor adjustments to your schedule.
Welcome to the Central Family!
To ensure a successful transition to the CCSU community, please do the following:
1. Access the Pre-Arrival Handbook
This handbook gives you the necessary information that you need before you arrive at CCSU. Also, access the International Student and Scholar Services website for more detailed information.
2. Applying for Housing
F-1 International students must apply with the Office of Residence Life as early as possible for on-campus housing. They can be reached online at www.ccsu.edu/reslife or Phone +1 860-832-1660. Please apply as early as possible for on-campus housing since space is limited.
International Exchange students (students with J-1 visas) apply for housing through the Center for International Education. Please enclose your Application for on-campus housing along with your University application, and return them as soon as possible. Since on-campus housing is limited, we shall provide accommodations, but cannot guarantee your first choice.
University fees are available on the Bursar's website. Full payment for on-campus housing is due to the Bursar no later than July 15 for the fall semester, December 15 for the spring semester. Payments made after 15th will be charged a $50 late fee. International students requesting to remain on campus during summer or winter break should contact the Office of Residence Life prior to the break. Paperwork will need to be completed as well as payment of additional fees to the University.
Please note that Residence Life does not provide towels, bed linens, or pillows. Here is additional Information about the Residence Halls.
3. Complete Health Services Documents
Student Wellness Services, Health, requires international students to complete several health documents before arrival to campus.
4.Complete your Online CCSU Orientation Modules
Part 1:Part 1: Online Orientation Modules – Find a quiet spot and spend an hour learning about CCSU student support services, financial aid, advising, academics, getting involved, and more! You may log-in with your CCSU Bluenet credentials.
- Visit CCSU.GOorientation.com and click the student login button to begin!
- Families and parents may also create a guest login to learn about CCSU through the modules.
- For tips/troubleshooting with the online system, please visit our Online Orientation FAQ page.
Part 2: In-person (STUDENTS ONLY) Orientation – During Part 2 of Orientation, you will visit campus, connect with fellow students, and learn more about what to expect during your first year at CCSU. You will also pick up your first semester academic schedule, your student ID, and lots of CCSU giveaways!
Important Phone Numbers
Office of New Student Programs
Campus Main Number
Class Cancellation & Storm Phone