For experienced teachers seeking Connecticut 092 or Intermediate Administrator/Supervisor Certificate, program prepares graduates for leadership roles in administration within public and private schools. Includes a qualifying examination for certification and required field experiences. The program exceeds the minimum requirements established by the State of Connecticut for certification.
Students in the program are expected to:
- understand how learning occurs and how people process information, acquire skills, and develop thoughtful inquiring minds;
- apply change theory to create continuous organizational renewal processes;
- use a variety of approaches to assess student learning, teacher development, parent satisfaction, and organizational effectiveness;
- be able to collaborate with colleagues, parents, and local business and social organizations to create optimum learning environments; and
- understand the legal, ethical, and policy environments of their work as school administrators.