Undergraduate Open House: Sunday, October 27th • Register Now
This program is offered by the Art Department
The B.A. in Art provides students with options in studio areas such as painting, ceramics, sculpture, printmaking, graphic design, and illustration, as well as Art History.
- Perceptual: Students will demonstrate perceptual skills that include the facility to see more clearly and comprehensively.
- Conceptual: Students will demonstrate conceptual skills by assimilating the elements and principles of design and applying creative, critical, and philosophical thinking to their work.
- Technical: Students will demonstrate a proficiency of techniques, knowledge of vocabulary, and an exploration of various media.
- Translational: Students will conduct studio-based research to construct a thesis and create a series of artworks that articulates this thesis.
- Art Historical: Students will demonstrate a contextual basis for their art through a study of the art history of diverse cultures, modern and contemporary art, and through the integration of this study in the hands-on process of art making.