This program is offered by the Art & Design Department
The B.A. in Art provides students with options in studio areas such as painting, ceramics, sculpture, printmaking, graphic design, and illustration, as well as Art History.
- Perceptual: Students will demonstrate perceptual skills that include the facility to see more clearly and comprehensively.
- Conceptual: Students will demonstrate conceptual skills by assimilating the elements and principles of design and applying creative, critical, and philosophical thinking to their work.
- Technical: Students will demonstrate a proficiency of techniques, knowledge of vocabulary, and an exploration of various media.
- Translational: Students will conduct studio-based research to construct a thesis and create a series of artworks that articulates this thesis.
- Art Historical: Students will demonstrate a contextual basis for their art through a study of the art history of diverse cultures, modern and contemporary art, and through the integration of this study in the hands-on process of art making.