Undergraduate Open House: Sunday, October 27th • Register Now
The B.S. program in Biochemistry provides a strong foundation in both molecular biology and in chemistry and is based on faculty, facilities, and research resources in the Department of Biomolecular Sciences and the Department of Chemistry. In addition to in-class laboratory instruction, the program emphasizes independent student research conducted under the guidance of a faculty member to prepare students for careers or advanced study in molecular biology, biochemistry, or health-related fields.
- To know, understand and apply the major concepts, theories, and principles in four sub-disciplines of chemistry to biological problems
- Technical competency in the use of specific scientific equipment and instrumentation.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of biochemical concepts and laboratory skills.
- Communicate effectively about science in both written and oral contexts.
- Interpret and use scientific literature and apply this knowledge to biochemical problems.