This program is offered by the Biology Department
Program offers registered nurses the education and clinical training needed to expand the scope of their practice. Nurse anesthetists find opportunities in surgical, trauma, and obstetrical care for every type of operation and procedure and work alongside physicians, surgeons, dentists, and other medical professionals.
- Students should be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of human physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and immunology
- Students should have an understanding of the anesthesia-specific areas of patient safety, anesthetic management, and professional role.
- Students should be able to describe scientific methodology and be able to conduct experiments.
- Students should be able to read and comprehend primary literature.
- Students should be able to deliver effective oral presentations (poster or PowerPoint) and effectively communicate their research in written format.