This program is offered by the Biology Department
Provides biologists with advanced study in the field and also prepares students for work at the doctoral level. Students may customize study in botany, zoology, physiology, ecology, and environmental studies.
- Students should have a thorough understanding and/or competency in a specific area of biology in addition to a broad-based and integrative standing of basic biological concepts.
- Students should demonstrate an ability to effectively convey, both orally and in writing, an advanced understanding of biological content, methods, and issues.
- Students should demonstrate an ability to locate, critically analyze, interpret, and discuss primary research literature within the biological sciences.
- Students should demonstrate knowledge of up-to-date scientific tools and techniques
- Students should demonstrate an awareness of contemporary scientific issues including ethics and the impact of science on society.