This program is offered by the Biology Department
Designed for the general biologist or biology teacher desiring further specialization, program focuses on recent advances in specialty area - botany, zoology, physiology, ecology, or environmental studies - and prepares graduates as subject experts for teaching or for work at doctoral level.
- Students should have a thorough understanding and/or competency in a specific area of biology in addition to a broad-based and integrative standing of basic biological concepts.
- Students should demonstrate an ability to effectively convey, both orally and in writing, an advanced understanding of biological content, methods, and issues.
- Students should demonstrate an ability to locate, critically analyze, interpret, and discuss primary research literature within the biological sciences.
- Students should demonstrate knowledge of up-to-date scientific tools and techniques
- Students should demonstrate an awareness of contemporary scientific issues including ethics and the impact of science on society.