The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program is designed to fulfill the educational needs of students and working professionals whose career paths are directed toward business analytics, finance, or accounting.
MBA Admission Requirements:
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an undergraduate GPA of 2.70 or higher and a minimum GPA of 3.00 or higher in any post-baccalaureate coursework. Applicants with a GPA of 2.69 or lower will not be considered.
Applicants with an Undergraduate Business Degree:
- The GMAT/GRE is not required for an applicant with an undergraduate GPA of 3.20 or higher from an AACSB accredited business degree program.
- The GMAT/GRE is required for applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.20 or higher from a non-AACSB accredited business degree program.
- The GMAT/GRE is required for applicants with an undergraduate GPA between 2.70 - 3.19 from an AACSB accredited or non-AACSB accredited business degree program.
Applicants with an Undergraduate Non-Business Degree:
- GMAT/GRE is not required for applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.20 or higher from non-business degree programs with accreditation from CAEP or ABET.
- The GMAT/GRE is required for applicants with an undergraduate GPA between 2.70 - 3.19 from non-business degree programs with accreditation from CAEP or ABET.
- The GMAT/GRE is required for applicants with an undergraduate GPA between 2.70 - 4.00 from non-business degree programs that are not accredited by CAEP or ABET.
Applicants with Business Experience
- The GMAT/GRE is not required for applicants with five or more years of high-level business experience and a minimum 2.70 undergraduate GPA. Applicants should provide details of their experience on their resume. These applicants that are offered admission may be eligible to have some or all foundation courses waived at the discretion of the Director of the MBA program.
GMAT or GRE scores will be waived for applicants holding a professional license, i.e. CPA, CMA, CFA, a Master's degree, or Doctoral degree.
All applicants must submit:
- Online Application
- Application fee
- Official transcripts directly from each institution attended except from CCSU
- Resume including an indication of preferred track within the program: Business Analytics, Accounting, Finance, or Central Track (Note this information is for program planning purposes and you will not be bound by this decision). Instructions for uploading the resume will be found within the graduate online application.
The graduate application, application fee, and official transcripts are to be submitted to the Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Office. Official transcripts must be sent directly to the Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Office from each institution attended except Central Connecticut State University. Instructions for uploading the resume will be found within the graduate online application.
And if required above
- GMAT or GRE scores (minimum acceptable scores are determined based on GPA)
- Proof of CPA, CMA, CFA professional licenses
International Applicants must meet University standards for international admission including submission of:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Course-by-Course evaluation of foreign credentials from a NACES member evaluation service
- Original translations of foreign academic records
- Students required to take prerequisite foundational courses will be considered for conditional admission. Students required to take prerequisite foundational courses must complete those courses prior to taking any core courses or track courses, unless they receive permission from the MBA Director.
- Applicants who are required to submit GMAT/GRE scores that have not yet taken the GMAT or GRE, but have an overall undergraduate GPA of 2.70 or higher may be considered for conditional admission. These students may take a maximum of six (6) credits in the MBA program before submitting GRE/GMAT scores. All full admission requirements must be met when GMAT/GRE scores are submitted and assessed in order to continue in the program.
- In lieu of the GMAT/GRE, conditionally admitted students who matriculate with full-time status and attain a GPA of 3.00 in the first semester will be granted full admission; students who matriculate with part-time status and attain a GPA of 3.00 in their first six (6) credits in the program will also be granted full admission.
The program is designed for part-time or full-time study.
Prerequisite Foundational Courses
may be waived based on prior education or experience.
Course and Capstone Requirements:
A common core of 15 credits:
12 credits of approved graduate course work in accounting, business analytics, finance, supply chain analytics, or combination of approved graduate courses
Business Analytics Track
Students must also take at least 3 more courses from the following list
12 credits total from the following electives.
Supply Chain Analytics Track
Total Credit Hours: 9 Credits
Total Credit Hours: 3 Credits
Total Credit Hours: 30