This program is offered by the Counselor Education & Family Therapy Department
For students interested in counseling careers in rehabilitation, human service, and community agencies. Tracks include Rehabilitation Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling with drug and alcohol focus, or Mental Health Counseling. Prepares graduates for Certified Rehabilitation Counselor certification, licensing as a professional counselor, and Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
Students in the program will be expected to:
- Exhibit behaviors and attitudes appropriate to the clinical professional counseling profession;
- Demonstrate pertinent and professionally relevant knowledge in the 10 CORE areas and 9 NBCC curriculum content areas;
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and practice in professional and rehabilitation counseling settings;
- Demonstrate knowledge of current ethical and legal guidelines that influence one's behavior as a counselor; and
- Demonstrate core skills that provide the foundations to understand the professional and rehabilitation counseling process and become more aware of one's interpersonal interactions.