This program is offered by the Physical Education & Human Performance Department
Students in the CCSU Dance Education Entrepreneurship program develop the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to pursue a business-based dance career. Graduates will be prepared to teach dance at the highest level and have the knowledge and skills to handle the marketing and managerial side of running a successful business. Students will show evidence of possessing a strong, well-rounded background in dance pedagogy, history, research, learning theory and practicum to become “highly qualified” as a Teaching Artist.
- Elements and Skills: Students will identify and perform movement elements and dance skills.
- Choreography: Students will identify and apply choreographic principles, processes, and structures.
- Meaning: Students will recognize how dance creates and communicates meaning.
- Healthy Living: Students will make connections between dance and healthful living.
- Connections: Students will make connections between dance, other disciplines, and daily life.