This program is offered by the Physical Education & Human Performance Department
Students in the CCSU Dance Education for Teacher Certification program develop the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to be an effective PK-12 dance educator in the state of Connecticut. Students are provided with a variety of classroom learning experiences as well as experiential learning opportunities with partner school districts where they learn up to date teaching techniques and apply them in an authentic environment. Students will show evidence of possessing a strong, well-rounded background in dance pedagogy, history, research, and learning theory.
- Proficient level of skill and dance technique
- The ability to plan developmentally appropriate dance education lessons
- The ability to plan developmentally appropriate units of instruction in dance education
- The ability to implement developmentally appropriate units of instruction in dance education
- The ability to demonstrate effective teaching strategies in the public-school setting at the elementary and secondary levels