This program is offered by the Literacy, Elementary, & Early Childhood Education Department
The MS in Elementary Education program at Central Connecticut State University is not being offered by the Department of Literacy, Elementary, and Early Childhood Education at this time.
Students are expected to:
- demonstrate and implement varied instructional, assessment, management, and technological strategies that facilitate learning for diverse students;
- demonstrate improvement in the quality of students' teaching skills by self-reflecting and analyzing teaching practices through data collection and analysis;
- demonstrate best practice teaching as agents of change by designing and conducting action research grounded in professional literature to have an impact on schools and their surrounding communities;
- assess a variety of teaching strategies in light of research-based practices around developmental stages and cultural/linguistic backgrounds;
- and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the course material in the introductory block courses that incorporate and highlight insights from the study of diversity in schools, socio-cultural and historical issues influencing schools, and research in education.