This program is offered by the Computer Electronics & Graphics Technology Department
The Graphics Technology (GTN) curriculum prepares students to enter into the rapidly changing printing and associated industries (graphic arts/graphic communications) which is ranked one of the largest manufacturing industries in the United States. This program covers: Digital pre-media, digital printing, packaging technology, color reproduction, digital photography, graphic management information systems (GMIS), press and post-press operations, as well as science and analytical mathematics, supplemental computer related courses, with business and management courses to round out the curriculum. All of the courses allow digital media content to be created and shared via computer-based publications, printed materials, interactive formats, as well as emerging digital print technologies. The graduates of this program are employed by the industry as: Network enabled Graphic Technologists, Workflow Analysts, Integrated Graphic Technologists, Creative Interactive Graphic Technologists, Management trainees, Production Supervisors, Job Planners and Estimators, Customer Service Representatives, Pre-press Technologists, and Digital Color Print Quality Coordinators. Some of the program’s graduates are owners of digital graphics, print and non-print businesses.
- Utilize appropriate technology, systems and processes to safely produce graphics technology related products and services.
- Manage projects, graphics technology workflows and people using appropriate business technology practices and management strategies.
- Make decisions, apply critical thinking and solve problems relevant to the graphics technology field using scientific methods, systematic approaches and analytical reasoning.
- Contribute to group processes, work effectively in teams and demonstrate leadership abilities in their area of responsibility.
- Apply written, info-graphic and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues in the graphics industry, as well as their clients and the public.
- Apply technology responsibly and manage people and operations at the highest ethical standards.