This program is offered by the Engineering Department
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology program provides graduates with solid knowledge and marketable skills in applied engineering. With a solid foundation in the sciences complemented by general technical mechanical and manufacturing courses as well as manufacturing-specific technical courses, students become adept in engineering graphics, engineering materials and mechanics, hydraulics and pneumatics, electronics and electric power, CAD/CAM, geometric tolerancing, design, and engineering economics. Students graduate with expertise in state-of-the-art computer tools used by major corporations, and their ability to solve real-world engineering problems makes them highly sought after by industry recruiters. This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Ability to apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve technical problems.
- Ability to use computational methods, skills, computers and modern technical tools in engineering practice.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, and to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs.
- Ability to function effectively on teams and within a diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and graphic modes.
- Recognition of the need for self-improvement through continuing education and the ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- Understanding of professionalism and ethics and associated responsibilities.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues and understanding of the impact of engineering/technical solutions within a global perspective.