This program is offered by the Mathematical Sciences Department
Prepares students for careers in statistics or biostatics working in industries such as pharmaceuticals, teaching, or as financial analysts. Prepares graduates for continuing work in statistics at the doctoral level.
Students in this program will be expected to:
- comprehend the theory behind methods of statistical inference;
- develop proficiency in the design and analysis of univariate, multivariate, stochastic, and categorical data;
- become familiar with regression, log linear, and time series models;
- understand and apply parametric and nonparametric procedures; and
- develop expertise in using the latest statistical analysis software.