This program is offered by the Engineering Department
The Mechanical Engineering Technology program provides students with relevant industrial experience within the academic environment. Students become experts in state-of-the-art computer facilities, materials testing, power transmission, fluids, automation, and manufacturing laboratories. Students also gain experience with computer software used widely in the industry, including CAD, CIM, and FEA. Companies such as Loctite, Pratt & Whitney, and Sikorsky Aircraft consistently choose our graduates for entry into competitive applied engineering positions. The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Ability to apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve technical problems.
- Ability to use computational methods, skills, computers and modern technical tools in engineering practice.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, and to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs.
- Ability to function effectively on teams and within a diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and graphic modes.
- Recognition of the need for self-improvement through continuing education and the ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- Understanding of professionalism and ethics and associated responsibilities.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues and understanding of the impact of engineering / technical solutions within a global perspective.