This program is offered by the Music Department
Provides professional training in music education, performance, composition, music theory, music history, and education to certified music teachers. Courses offer hands-on experiences and practical teaching techniques. Graduates develop the analytic and critical skills.
Each student in this program is expected to:
- exhibit knowledge of different philosophies of music education and develop a personal philosophical foundation for his/her career;
- exhibit knowledge of current issues and trends in music education and education;
- demonstrate the ability to organize, interpret, synthesize, and evaluate knowledge in music, music education, and education;
- demonstrate competence in oral, written, and communication skills and the ability to disseminate knowledge in a scholarly, coherent, and organized manner;
- demonstrate the ability evaluate research in music education, and to conduct research;