This program is offered by the Computer Electronics & Graphics Technology Department
Focusing on local and wide network design and administration and Internet technologies, the Networking Information Technology major prepares students for careers in the evolving world of Information Technology. Coursework explores computer hardware and software in depth, along with the peripheral devices closely associated with computer-based systems. The program is accredited by Association of Technology, Management, & Applied Engineering.
- an ability to select and apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools in networking technology.
- an ability to select and apply mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to networking technology problems using principles, applied procedures and methodologies.
- an ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments, and apply experimental results to improve processes.
- an ability to design systems or processes in networking technology.
- an ability to function effectively on teams.
- an ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems.
- an ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- an ability to understand professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
- a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues.
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.