Undergraduate Open House: Sunday, October 27th • Register Now
This program is offered by the Nursing Department
CCSU offers two Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs: 1) Four-year traditional BSN curriculum for those students with no prior degree; and 2) RN/BSN program for registered nurses who wish to pursue a baccalaureate.
The baccalaureate degree programs in nursing at Central Connecticut State University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- Integrate theories and concepts from liberal education into nursing practice.
- Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high
quality nursing care, healthcare team coordination, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings.
- Critically evaluate evidence-based research in collaboration with other members of the
healthcare team to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate skills in using patient care technologies, information systems, and
communication devicesthat support safe nursing practice.
- Advocate for a variety of socio-political issues affecting health care through
participation in legislative and political forums.
- Incorporate inter- and intra-professional communication and collaborative skills into
the delivery of evidence-based, culturally sensitive patient-centered care.
- Provide innovative interventions to promote health and prevent illness invulnerable
- Practice from a caring, professional nursing perspective by incorporating the values of
social justice, diversity, and global awareness.
- Integrate knowledge, skills, and attitudes through use of the nursing process to
provide patient-centered care to patients across the lifespan from a diverse