A minor is not required with this major.
Nursing Major Courses: 60 credits
Please note: NRSE 110 Introduction to Nursing Theories has been decreased to 2 credits.
Related Requirements: 25 credits
Total Credit Hours: 120
By adding BMS 103 as a requirement, we are adding an additional 1 credit to BMS 102. These courses are required in order to take BMS 318 and BMS 319 Anatomy and Physiology. This is the rationale for decreasing NRSE 110 to 2 credits to ensure 120 credits.
- Integrate theories and concepts from liberal education into nursing practice.
- Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high
quality nursing care, healthcare team coordination, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings.
- Critically evaluate evidence-based research in collaboration with other members of the
healthcare team to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate skills in using patient care technologies, information systems, and
communication devicesthat support safe nursing practice.
- Advocate for a variety of socio-political issues affecting health care through
participation in legislative and political forums.
- Incorporate inter- and intra-professional communication and collaborative skills into
the delivery of evidence-based, culturally sensitive patient-centered care.
- Provide innovative interventions to promote health and prevent illness invulnerable
- Practice from a caring, professional nursing perspective by incorporating the values of
social justice, diversity, and global awareness.
- Integrate knowledge, skills, and attitudes through use of the nursing process to
provide patient-centered care to patients across the lifespan from a diverse