This program is offered by the Music Department
Designed for students who hold a bachelor's degree are not certified in music education, program provides coursework and field experiences leading toward teacher certification in CT.
Each student in this program is expected to:
- demonstrate competence in musicianship, to include: aural skills, and knowledge and application of music theory;
- demonstrate competence in musical performance on his/her primary instrument, with particular emphasis on technical precision;
- demonstrate competence in basic piano playing skills appropriate to a PK-12 music educator;
- exhibit knowledge of instructional methods as they pertain to choral, instrumental, and general music education;
- demonstrate application of pedagogy and instructional methods as they pertain to choral, instrumental, and general music education;