This program is offered by the English Department
Certification in TESOL is a non-degree program offered to persons with a bachelor's degree whose undergraduate course work does not meet the requirements for State of Connecticut teacher certification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Certification is available at the PK-12 level. A minimum of 15 credits in TESOL content areas is required before teacher candidacy and student teaching. Interested candidates may contact the TESOL program in the English Department for further information.
Students must demonstrate the following:
- Positive professional attitudes, attributes, and dispositions that affect her or his performance as a teacher;
- Conduct that demonstrates professional behavior appropriate to the context;
- Conduct that demonstrates an understanding of the fact that one's actions reflect directly upon the status and substance of the profession;
- Confidentiality of all information concerning colleagues and students obtained in the educational process;
- integrity and honesty in written and verbal communication, documentation, and coursework related to the professional program for teacher certification.