Provides certified teachers in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) with the tools to create interdisciplinary classrooms. Program enables teachers to prepare students for college readiness, future STEM careers, and teach students critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills. Courses align with national and/or CT state content standards.
Graduate students are expected to demonstrate:
- Integrating and applying the practices of scientists and engineers into curriculum, instruction, and assessment for use in the classroom
- Understanding of the role of inquiry in curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Integrating the crosscutting concepts of STEM into curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Applying disciplinary core ideas of STEM into curriculum, instruction, and assessment for use in the classroom
- Constructing a research plan and carry out independent research on a STEM topic